Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cold and Food but not cold food

There is something about cold weather that I just love, love, love!!  The layering of clothes, the fun colored scarves, the jeans, the boots, the gloves, the jackets.  Oh how I love these things.

I also love the way it makes me want to cook food.  But not just any food, no sir.  I want to make warm, toasty, feels-good-for-your-soul type of food.  Soups, cookies, cakes, lasagnas...on and on and on I can go.  I am not biased.  I like ANY food that makes my tummy feel good.  I do, however, prefer warm food in cold weather.  I want stoups (Rachael Ray's version of something between a soup and stew) and nice hearty meals.  And sweet stuff.  Cold weather makes me want sweet stuff like no other season does!

I made Chocolate Ravioli's for my boys today (and myself).  Delicious, just delicious.  Hazelnut chocolate in a little fried package of dough...oh my.  It had crunch, it had sweetness, it had a dash of saltiness.  Perfection I tell ya.  Tonight I plan on making some country fried chicken with gravy and mashed potatoes.  Yum-meeeee

Did I mention how much I love cold weather?!

By the way, all this cooking is not good for my weight loss journey....but I don't mind

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way! I can't eat warm soup when it's 100 degrees outside, but love it when it's cold outside! BTW, your boys are too cute! On Sunday during the worship time, Aiden came over & sat down by Tristan! It's so cute how much they love each other!

    ReplyDelete