Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happiness



My house smells divine right now.  I have some Holiday Potpourri simmering on my stove, creating a scent that makes my nose very happy.  Cinnamon, cloves, and even a hint of nutmeg are swimming with some oranges and cranberries in a sea of warm water.

This morning I made my boys some Chocolate Pancakes, which they loved.  I am going to make them some Salty Kisses in just a bit.  And for dinner, they will be having homemade pizza to their liking.  LOTS of cheese will be involved, as well as some olives.  It's a great day for bringing smiles to my sons' faces through chocolate and cheese!!  In case you are wondering, a Salty Kiss is a hershey kiss (the Hug kind, with white chocolate and milk chocolate) in between two pretzels.

I'm also really excited because I am going to have a date with my Honey tonight at home.  I plan on making Corn & Cheese Chowder and Crab Rangoon.  Two very different types of food for one meal but we won't mind.  We are adventurous like that.

I've never made either dish so this is super, super exciting for me.  I love, Love, LOVE trying out new recipes.  And I know Honey loves, Loves, LOVES eating my new creations, so we will both be happy tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment