Monday, July 26, 2010

whatever is true, whatever is noble

"6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praise worthy - think about such things."

Philippians 4: 6-8

We have all read this passage before. I will admit though that I never really looked at verse 8 with an open mind and heart. I have now and I am amazed. I absolutely love that verse. The words are perfect. Perfect. I wish it were easier to follow what it says but it isn't. I have to keep repeating true, noble, right, and pure in my head over and over again when I get upset or down.

But when you do that, a peace really does come over you. You start to loosen up and be happy. I know that most everyone has had this experience a long time ago, the experience of this verse and actually putting it into practice. I was talking to my beautiful mother the other day about this verse. I kept saying how wonderful it is and that I am trying to live it out in my daily life. She, of course, is already familiar with Philippians 4: 6-8 (and many more verses) and listened to me go on and on about it with a smile on her face. I told her that in life people are going to find verses and then forget about them and then come across them again someday. When you come back to it, it will take on a whole new meaning. It is the Living Word and is timeless and permanent and truthful. It can apply to all walks of life no matter what you are going through. One year it may mean something special to you and then the next it means something even more special to you.

I am just in love with how God is never changing in this always changing world. He is alwasy there with open arms no matter how many times I fall. He is always loving and caring and He wants what is best for me. He gave me a manual to help me through this thing we call life...even though life isn't what I am living for. It is for Him and being united with Him one day. Spreading His love because when you love someone or something you want to share it with the world. That's why we have such big, dramatic weddings. We want to share our love for someone with everyone we know. We want to shout it to the world that we are in love with someone and want to spend the rest of our lives with that someone. We should all feel that way with God...wanting to show the world our love for Him and shout it out loud.

1 comment:

  1. I had just finished reading this verse when I read your post. We need to be reminded of these scriptures daily. It's awesome how we only have to open God's word to find his wisdom and guidance.

    ReplyDelete