Saturday, July 3, 2010

Give it to Him

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:11-13 NIV

I am doing a study right now on my own. I bought "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. I was at Barnes and Noble the other night, alone, and was able to wander around not worrying about crying babies. I saw this book on the shelf and it was as if it said "Pssst, hey you! Check me out." I started reading some of it there and was impressed by how quickly I reacted to it. I loved the way it was written. I say that only having read the first chapter, but still. Something told me to buy it (that little voice in my head that I don't always listen too I think is who told me to do it) so I did.

I thought maybe I would post the passage each week that I am memorizing for you guys to see also. I can't hurt right? So here it is. Philippians 4:11-13. I have read this verse MANY times but now I am reading it through different eyes. I took the time to memorize it. I said it out loud numerous times yesterday (that was my first day doing my study) to my sons, to the dogs, to myself, and to my husband. It was fun seeing Tristan listen to me and then try to say it back.

I am excited to do this study. I do have an anxious heart. As Mommies and wives, I think we all do. It takes effort to release things to God. It doesn't feel natural at first to do that, at least not for me. Especially not 100% giving it away. I would give my problems to God maybe 50% but not really 100%. I know that sounds bad but it is the truth. This is just one of my struggles. I am working on giving it all, ALL, to Him and getting to know my God better.

No comments:

Post a Comment