Friday, July 16, 2010

Julian's Love Day

So yesterday was Julian's birthday. His 30th birthday! You know, the big one? I took off work so we could spend the day together. He obviously did too. The boys were at my Mom's as if it were a normal Thursday so she wouldn't freak out.

I am so happy we did that. We weren't going to take any time off to celebrate this special occasion of getting old but I convinced my adorable Hubby to spend as many hours with me as possible. I call it our Love Day.

We went to the movies and saw The Sorcerer's Apprentice. It was WAY better than what I had expected. WAY. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch and shared a plate. Awwwww. Normally we don't do that for two reasons: 1) I want my own dang food and I want all of it. 2) He wants his dang food and he wants all of it. There you go. That's why. But yesterday we shared and it was cute. We weren't that hungry from eating massive amounts of popcorn at the movies and it helped save a buck. Win-Win. We then spent an hour browsing around the Apple store. If you know my husband then you know that this is the best gift I could give him minus buying everything in the Apple store. To be able to touch and play with anything he wanted in that store WITHOUT two kids crying and begging to leave is a miracle. We enjoyed that miracle. We really did. And he probably was even more happy that I was showing an interest in all those expensive gadgets. I just don't have the unconditional love for electronics like my Honey does. I think that makes him sad but let's not dwell on that. We then went to look at garden stuff, again if you know my hubs then you know this makes him happy. The time came for us to pick up our little mini-us's and enjoy an evening at home. Yes I just made up a word. I can do that. I'm cool like that.

And the best part is ................. I made the birthday boy THE BEST DINNER EVER!!!! He is a steak man. I am not a steak woman. Do you see the issue? Yes. Good. I made him French Onion Sliced Steak with Gruyere Sauce. and fresh green beans on the side. They were good but who doesn't know how to cook green beans? That's easy. The steak is the show stopper. Plus, Honey LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES cheese. I made a Gruyere Sauce. I did. Holy Moly. It was easy shmeesy and deelish to boot. Perfecto!! He never puts anything on a steak. It takes away from the steak he says. Rubbish in my opinion but it's his food. I made the Gruyere sauce for the topping of the steak. And he liked it. That is the first time he has ever liked and wanted a topping for steak. I am going to take that as a compliment to the sauce and not an insult to the steak. The steak was fantastic. First time I have ever even attempted making a steak. That's a man's job. Not mine. But it was his birthday and a special one at that so I had to make him something extra special.

It was a perfect, and I mean perfect, Love Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment