Friday, February 25, 2011

What'd you expect?

When we repeat the same habits over and over again, what do we expect? Things to change? They won't. They can't. We are doing the same actions/thoughts/reactions repeatedly. We aren't changing. I guess we expect others to change or the environment to change or magic to happen. But magic isn't real. It's an illusion.

Don't you think we all do that? We all expect things to change without changing ourselves. WE have to be the ones to produce change.

I'm seeing this play out in my everyday life. My marriage, my relationship with my sons, my work, and my family. I am seeing beautiful, wonderful changes. I'm the one who is making it happen. I see that when I change, I make my life happier. And I mean change for the better.

Change, for me, came in the form of REprioritizing and really embracing the Holy Spirit within me. If I allow the Holy Spirit to lead me then I can't go wrong.

I am also talking about health changes. I am still not doing so hot in that department but I'm not awful either. How do I actually get to the point where change is manageable? I am still trying to figure that out. I'm obviously not there yet. I hope to get there one day but until then I will continue to seek changes where needed.

Any change in the right direction deserves celebration. CELEBRATE the little things. Don't overlook them. We, as women, so often overlook the minor things.

No comments:

Post a Comment