Thursday, February 3, 2011

is this typical?

It's 6:36 p.m. right now. My family of four sat down for dinner at probably 6:15. The protesting of dinner began at 6:14. Aiden cried almost the whole time and we ended up turning his high chair towards the wall in the corner because we aren't supposed to cry at dinner. Mean, maybe. Do I care? NO. Did he eventually stop crying? Yes. Did he start up again? Duh.

Tristan finally ate all his food. Yay. Aiden ended having three bites and that was it. The whining hasn't stopped. Aiden is still crying. Why you might ask. Well, he wants to play with his fork to play with his food. Not eat it. We don't play with forks. We eat with forks. So no fork for Aiden. Hence the whining still.

Julian is in Aiden's room getting him ready for bed because I am about ready to explode if I have to listen to his whining/crying any more today. I'm done.

So overall here how it went: Four sat down for dinner. Two people ate, two people cried. One faced the wall for part of dinner. Dinner was quick because it was miserable and trying to talk to one another was a joke. One child is now watching a movie while the other is *hopefully* going to bed. Mommy is blogging because she might explode otherwise. She doesn't want to yell and complain so she writes it down instead this time.

This all happened in 21 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog :) I just don't have the patience anymore. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh! I can see this parenting thing is NOT going to get any less frustrating! LOL!

    ReplyDelete