Monday, September 21, 2009

To Watch or Not?

Ok, so lately I have been thinking that t.v. is just the work of Satan creeping into our living rooms and spreading his filth all over. I say that because I was inviting him into my living room every night and then realized what I considered entertainment was just plain gross. I can't help but be drawn to shows that glorify lying and cheating and sex and all the things that are sinful.

I am not getting all righteous but just getting personal with you. I am sharing my struggle. I love, LOVE, Survivor and Big Brother and Intervention and some other shows along those lines. I like the E! network (well sort of). I like TLC with all their crazy, I can't believe this is a show sitcoms. The problem with some of the shows is that I enjoy watching others not do so good. That isn't right. I should not want to watch Intervention just to get amused by someone else's downfall in life or struggle. I will say that I do really like when they overcome and am happy for them but I still find myself going "are they REALLY going to last staying sober?" in my head. My doubt may come from personal experience with a loved one overdosing. Either way, I should not have those thoughts and question why I do that. Big Brother is just a show that makes lying seem like a way of life and that lying is the ONLY way to get ahead and win. Which in that show it is but that again just isn't right. Television is saying that it is okay to lie to each other and be deceitful to get what we want. Some people might not be able to recognize that it is a show and not "real" life but to those people in the BB house it IS real life. They really are living in that house and really are lying to each other and really are back-stabbing one another. That is their life and how they are getting ahead. BECAUSE they get rewarded if they lie the best or stab each other in the back the best. That just ain't right and I found myself being drawn into the web of lies. I wanted to watch them lie to each other and "backdoor" one another...especially one girl in particular who I thought deserved it the most. That in itself goes into yet another reason I am thinking t.v. just isn't good. I was judging. I was saying who deserved what and blah blah blah.

ok....so this post is getting entirely to long and I sound like I fell off my rocker. I was just trying to say that maybe I need to reevaluate what I am spending my time doing.

I have more to say but Tristan wants to play cars and that is the more important than me ranting about how television is just a bunch of yuck that I watch. And yes I know, I could just watch the shows that are good and not watch the crap that isn't. I am doing that transition. I have really enjoyed getting into that show Planet Earth. Quite interesting really. Gods work is just breath taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment