Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

So this weekend was Labor Day weekend and it turned out to be very fun and exciting. I personally don't ever do anything for Labor Day other than live like it is any other day. This year was sort of the same but so much fun.

First of all, Julian was home for three days in a row which was fantastic. I always miss him when he has to go to work and school. I pratically don't see him Tuesday through Thursday. But hey, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I loved being with him all weekend. Tristan also really enjoyed having Daddy around. He misses his Daddy when he doesn't get to hang out with him. Julian enjoyed getting to watch Aiden be the cutest little baby ever. So of course, family time this weekend was much needed and much enjoyed.

Friday night we were going to go get Tristan's haircut but the stylist wasn't there. Sweet and Sassy closes at 7 (which I didn't know and yes, it is a girls place but they do boy haircuts there and I have heard great things about them) and the store manager said that she let the stylist go home early because they weren't busy. The manager asked if we could come back in the morning but I said we didn't plan on it and that it is sort a drive for us (about 35 minutes which isn't too long considering everywhere takes that long to get to in Houston) and she said that we could come back anytime we wanted and she would give us a discount on Tristan's haircut.!! That was sooo nice of her. Score for us!! Especially since I was feeling bad for spending $35 on Tristan's first haircut at Visible Changes. There was NO way I was going to spend that much on his haircut again. I know, I know but it was his first haircut and if you knew Julian you would understand the degree of seriousness about cutting his hair. If Julian had his way, Tristan would be 16 before getting his first haircut so we went somewhere "respectable" for the first one. I will not be doing that again though. So now his haircut will be $10 instead of $35. Yay for us. Also, I found a keychain with Aiden's name on it for my key ring. I have had Tristan's on there since forever ago and never got one for Aiden. I was feeling bad because I had one child on my key ring and not the other. So that was also cool.

Saturday was a big day for Tristan. He moved into a big boy bed!! He did wonderful. He stayed in his bed the whole time. He didn't get up once. We also changed everything about his sleeping routine and it didn't even phase him. He usually sleeps with the door shut and no noise but now we keep the door open (to make sure he stays in bed) and put the radio on. Doesn't even bother Tristan at all that we totally changed everything. I put a guardrail on his bed but that didn't work out to well so now he has nothing and still did fantastic. I was worried he was going to fall out of his bed but he didn't. I put a mattress under his bed and pulled it out some "in case" he fell. So Saturday was big for him.

Sunday was nice and relaxing. Church was great (as usual). Lunch with friends was great (as usual). The boys did great. Julian and I were able to relax when we got home. All in all...great.

And Labor Day, Monday. We went to James and Ashley's farm. Holy Cow (literally cow...there were cows everywhere) Tristan had a blast. He was in heaven. He got ride on a tractor with his Daddy and see "real" cows and be a boy basically. He had a smile all day. It was one of the most beautiful things a mother could see. Her son bonding with his Daddy and just being absolutely happy with the world. Nothing could bring him down off of that cloud he was on. Julian had so much also. I am soooooooooo not an outside girl and the fact that I was outside having fun was something Julian really enjoyed himself. He always talks about going camping and doing outside things. My idea of camping involves air conditioning and running water for showers and potty time and a television would be nice also. That's my idea of camping.... oh yeah and a nice comfy bed. NOT the ground or a sleeping bag or cot. So Julian had a great time watching me have a great time outside.

Loved the weekend with my family and friends. I hope you all had a great weekend also!!

I will post pictures when Julian puts them on the computer for me. Till then...see ya

No comments:

Post a Comment