Friday, January 6, 2012

Warmth


I’ve sat here in bed, all morning, listening to my three boys laugh, cry, and play.  I am refueling my soul, my mind, my body, my heart.
I have a cold, or sinus infection, and it is draining.  I’m not sleeping well, I’m not breathing well, and as a result, I’m just cranky.
It is so nice to hear my sons laugh with their daddy.  To hear the sounds of race cars screeching across racetracks, clapping for a good jump, and kisses for all in celebration.  
I would love to be able to run in there and join in on all the fun but  I know, that in this particular moment, it is best for me to stay in bed and just listen.  They are creating memories with their daddy.  I am creating memories of my boys.
These beautiful sounds are warming my core.  I needed this.  We all need this from time to time; to be able to step back and fully realize the joys that are right in front of you that you might take for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment