Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

I wish everyone a Merry, Happy, Jolly Christmas!!

I woke up this morning feeling very blessed to be able to spend this day and tomorrow with my family.  With the upcoming changes in my life, this is very likely the last Christmas Eve and Christmas Day that I get to wake up in my own home, in my own bed, on these two mornings, while living in the same city as my family here in Houston.  Of course this will not be my last Christmas here in Houston, but it will never be the same.

Changes are good.  Changes are needed.  Changes are embraced from me.  I look forward to growing with my Husband and kids.  I look forward to all our adventures that are sure to come.  My eagerness for the future reminds me of all that I am blessed to have right here, right now.  Today is special.  Tomorrow is special.  Next Friday is special (my birthday).  These are the last times that these days will be spent like "normal".  Next year will be different.  Every year after that will be different.

I have two choices:  be scared and let that rule me OR be joyful for what's to come.  I choose JOY!!

These days remind me of what is truly important.  Family is important.  Love is important.  Giving proper thanks to the One who gave me all that I have is important.  Location is not important.  Presents are not important.  Clothes and food are not important.  Okay wait, food IS important but not at the top of the list.

What I am trying to say is, I am thankful for my family, my Love, my boys, my life.  I am thankful I serve a God who loves me unconditionally.  I am blessed beyond belief.  Enjoy your families.  Enjoy the laughter, smiles, love, hugs, kisses, and TIME you have with each other.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you and the family a happy, joy-filled, and lovely holiday!! I love that you're embracing the changes coming with joy and a sense of adventure. That is going to make the adventure that much more fun for all of you.

    lots of love, lots of love, and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete