Monday, December 26, 2011

Aiden = Stubborn



This is my beautiful second-born; his name is Aiden.  He has a strong personality.  He is stubborn.  Repeat, he is stubborn.

Gosh I love my Aiden.  He makes me laugh with his stubbornness.  He also makes me want to pull my hair out with his stubbornness.

Example:

For lunch today, I made my two boys Cheesy Pasta.  What child doesn't like that?  Aiden likes it.  He, however, does NOT like to be "helped".  He does NOT like being told that Cheesy Pasta is what's for lunch.  He gets on these kicks where he wants to make all the decisions, including what he will eat for meals.  (by the way, Cheesy Pasta is not Mac n Cheese; I make mine totally different, and by different, I mean way better)

Well, I am not the type of Momma that makes separate meals for the child who decides to be super picky. You will eat what is prepared or not eat at all, period.  Here is something else about Aiden that makes him, well, him.  He keeps food in his mouth for long periods of time.  I mean, like, 10 minutes up to 30 minutes for one bite.  He does that so he doesn't have to eat it.  It is disgusting.  Disgusting.  He proceded to do that at lunch, so I asked him if he was done.  He nodded yes after only having one bite that stayed in his mouth for ten minutes.  I had him spit out the food and then it was nap time.  In my house, if you choose not to eat your meal, you go to your room while the rest of us eat.  You do not get to sit at the table and distract your brother, I mean the others.  Plus, it was nap time anyway.

He was hungry when he woke up.  Shocking, I know.  I told him he could have lunch, which was Cheesy Pasta.  He didn't want that.  I let him decide between Cheesy Pasta and nothing.  He chose nothing.  Dinner time rolls around and my first-born wanted Cheesy Pasta again.  I said okay, I had some leftover.  Less cooking and cleaning dishes for me, so that is awesome.  Aiden sits down at the table and I put his bowl of Cheesy Pasta in front of him.  He looks at me with disbelief but says nothing.  Next thing I know, he takes a bite and then whines about it.  I hear whining like a little cute puppy dog whines.  I tell him he can choose between Cheesy Pasta or going to his room with NO dinner, NO milk, NO dessert, NO anything.  He chooses nothing, again.  Sheesh.  This kid is stubborn.

I love my Aiden.  I love how he is a happy boy, most times.  I love everything about him.  He made me chuckle and want to pull my hair out tonight.  I feel bad because he going to bed without having anything for lunch or dinner, but these are the choices he made.  I did tell him that Cheesy Pasta is what is for breakfast though.  Hahahaha.

I wonder where he gets his stubbornness from?  {insert evil laugh here}

No comments:

Post a Comment