Friday, October 28, 2011

Chicken Fried Steak with Homemade Gravy

This was the meal that scared me. I'm not sure why but it did. I never knew how to do chicken fried steak. I never knew how to do homemade gravy. Everyone told me that gravy was THE easiest thing to make. Even if you didn't know to boil water, you could make gravy. Well, I didn't know how to make gravy. I can make lots of other things but not that.

Tonight was a victory. I made gravy. YUMMY yummy YUMMY gravy with my YUMMY yummy YUMMY Yummy Chicken Fried Steak. Oh how lovely it was. The kids gobbled it up. I gobbled it up. My hubby wished he could gobble it up. He was at work so he got a picture of it instead of a bite. Even the cat wanted some. It was fabulous.

This is awesome for me. I am learning new things and loving it. I used my cast iron (which I am becoming quite good at doing) and seasoned it with some delicious, fattening food tonight and am super proud of myself. VICTORY for me!! I am going to make it again tomorrow night for Honey because he wasn't here to enjoy it tonight. He loves that type of food...hearty, comforting Man Food. He deserves it. I'll take some pictures to post, if I remember. I never do pictures on here but this is in need of some pics.

Gravy Shmazy...it's all easy for me now!!

p.s. my Honey and Mom are amazed at how I didn't know how to make those two things but can create a full-blown, all-out meal for holidays
p.p.s. weird, I know

No comments:

Post a Comment