Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lies

Why do people feel the need to lie? I don't get it. "White" lies are still LIES! Just don't do it. Honesty is the best policy. If someone can't handle the truth that is their issue not yours. Just don't lie.

I can't handle them. I loathe them. I don't lie and don't want to be lied to. I'm a big girl. I can take whatever comes my way. If I look fat in something, I would like to know the true answer if I ask you. Don't say "No" if the answer is "Yes". That is a white lie most people do.

But I was lied to in a bigger way. In a way that makes me mad inside because the other party must think so little of me that she didn't want to tell me the truth. As if I am some rude, inconsiderate person and wouldn't respect her wishes. That is when I really, really hate lies. It not only isn't right but you are throwing how you feel about the other person out there. Here is an example:

We will go back to the fat lie mentioned above. If someone asks you if they look fat but you say no then you must think that they can't handle the truth. But what if they can? If they ask, they can handle the truth. We all know that the truth hurts sometimes.

Lies always come back around. They just do. Somehow they will come to surface. Maybe not now, maybe not in the near future, but someday they will.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry dear. Most people tell white lies because they think they are sparing your feelings. Or they just lie by omission, which I think is even worse than a white lie. Did you tell her how you feel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet but I will. It was a bigger lie than a white lie but to me a lie is a lie. Know what I mean?

    And I totally agree, omission is a lie and worse than a white lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've been lied to by someone. You should confront the person who lied to you for sure. I hate all lies! I think asking someone if you look fat in something is a loaded question. I agree that lies always have a way of coming to the surface sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I had a boyfriend who lied and the had to lie to cover his lie and it just never ended! I'm guilty of lying...Neighbor: I'm listing my house at 172k" Me: oh yeah...that seems reasonable. LOL

    ReplyDelete