Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rough Day

Today sucks. I'm sick and the boys are acting crazy. I think it's a combination of me not having patience and them being extra sensitive today. Not a good combo. Tristan didn't go to school today (his tummy was acting up this morning) and I had to go to work.

Tristan apparently watched a t.v. show today that had some kid saying "oh no, my feet are shrinking" but realized, at the end of the show, that his feet are not shrinking but he is growing. So now Tristan is freaked out that his feet are shrinking. He said this on the entire 45 minute drive home (I had to take my Mom to Conroe after work to pick up her car) with tears streaming down his face. He really did think his feet were shrinking. "My piggies have owies Mommy. Bad ones. I need a band-aid" Oh dear. My little drama king. He really is folks. He is sooooooooooo sensitive. I love him but today he is just annoying me. As I type this I realize how funny it sounds. I just wish I realized the humor earlier.

Aiden is fine. He is just being himself but today I can't take it. He does this thing in the car where he cries/whines/screams until I look at him. Then he just stops and is perfectly fine. Or he keeps asking for milk even though he knows milk isn't allowed in the car. I don't play that game anymore. Now I just ignore him and eventually he stops. Today I couldn't take it. He started his thing, as usual, and I was so mad that I turned up the radio really loud (this is probably the 6th time he randomly bursted out cries/screams) and yelled "I don't hear you anymore!!" He did eventually stop (as usual). I was just fed up with all the crying from shrinking feet and heck if I know why Aiden cries.

We got home and I put the boys in their own rooms and had them play for about an hour all by themselves (meaning alone without each other). I needed that hour. It was a good hour. I ordered pizza for dinner because there wasn't any chance I was cooking. When the pizza arrived we had dinner and then cuddled on the couch together to watch Monsters, Inc.. It was nice snuggling with them because of the rough afternoon we had. I told them that I loved them both very much and that Mommy was having a rough day. They each gave me hugs and kisses to make all better. I love them.

So now I sit here on my couch stuffed from pizza and cinnapie with the house silent. Both boys are in bed and I am going to watch me some CSI NY and catch up on any other shows I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment