Saturday, January 1, 2011

Good-bye 2010 and Hello 2011

Today is the first day of the new year. I certainly hope that 2011 brings love, joy and peace to my heart and family. 2010 was a rough year for me.

It's safe for me to say that 2010 was the worst year of my life to date. It sucked pretty bad. I've reflected on the year and am sad to report that the bad outweighs the good. I had some really good times, don't get me wrong. It's just the bad was REALLY bad. I hope, pray and wish that this new year brings all kinds of new journeys.

Here is my short version of the recap in my head:

The Good
~ Aiden turned one and we had a blast celebrating with just our family of four
~ Tristan turned three and we had the most fun ever celebrating at Wolf Creek Lodge
~ We got iPhones (which is life changing folks)
~ We got a new car, Percy
~ Julian and I had a fantastic four year wedding anniversary
~ Julian started a garden that I hope to help him with this year
~ I acquired lots and lots of cookbooks, cookware, and did lots of cooking
~ I have happy, healthy sons
~ My parents and I became much closer this year
~ We began new traditions this year (Wurstfest, Birthdays of just the four of us, Wolf Creek Lodge)
~ I turned 30
~ We had our first Christmas in Albuquerque
~ We visited my Brother-In-Laws family and had a GREAT time
~ Julian and I went to more concerts this year than last year (David Grey, Aaron Lewis, Flogging Molly)

The Bad
~ My family fell apart...royally (Dad, Mom, and Me against My Brother)
~ My B.I.L. was deployed
~ My other family fell apart some
~ Julian and I didn't have the best year as husband and wife

There are only four bad things about 2010 but they were doozies. They were all consuming and wreaked havoc on me. I hope to overcome the issues and NOT let it bring me down. I pray that it doesn't come between me and husband ever again. I also pray that we grow together in Christ and lean on each other during the rough times. Marriages aren't easy and the tough times are when your true love should shine through.

1 comment:

  1. some years are harder than others, and that's ok... that means the upswing is coming, honey. 2011 is going to be an amazing year in so many ways and for so many reasons. i know that you and Julian will only grow stronger, your beautiful boys will grow bigger and smarter, and you will continue to be an amazing woman, a wonderful mother, and a loving wife. <3 onward and upward!!

    ReplyDelete