Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Funky Funk

Have you ever been in a funk and you really don't know why? There isn't anything to really put you in one but you find yourself just being not yourself.

That has been me for the past few weeks. I don't know what caused it but I just found myself not thinking like I normally do. I was very down on myself and others. I was thinking negatively. It just wasn't pretty. It wasn't ugly because I didn't treat anyone else different than normal either. I was just sort of in my own hole. I have slowly gotten out of it and am very grateful that I have.

Julian and I have met new people on our side of town which has been such a great blessing. And the people seem to be super awesome. They are in the same boat of life as we are. They have children that are very close in age as our children. We are spiritually connected in a way that I haven't really felt before. It's as if we walk the same walk and are walking the same pace but yet different enough to where we can learn from each other and challenge each other in an uplifting way. No one is left out, everyone brings something to the table, and we all respect each other. I have been a part of groups before but this one feels different somehow. I can't quite explain it. I am not saying this in a way that takes away anything from other people I have been blessed to know, I am just happy to express what is going on in our lives presently.

Julian has a new job. That is AWESOME news considering he hated his job and it was really wearing on him. This is an opportunity for us. A big, big opportunity for us. It could be a wonderful change or it could be a hot mess. I am praying it works out for us. It could bring happy, happy outcomes for us if it does. If it doesn't then we will just deal with that when it happens. A side note, we now work together. He works where I work. Yay.

These are some happy changes that have taken place over the last month. Julian starts his new job Monday and I am happy for Tuesday when I get to go to work and see him there.

About that funk though, it seems to be going away. Again, I am not sure what caused it or why it stuck around but slowly it is going away. I just wasn't feeling like the normal Jenny. I am now starting to think happier things, feel happy feelings, say happy sayings, and just plain be happy.

I was just wondering if anyone else ever felt that way. Like out of the norm but you just can't put your finger on it and then you start to feel bad because you know you shouldn't feel that way but you still do and then everything else falls apart because you just can't seem to get your act together. All that rolled into one and plenty more that I am just not saying because I already feel I have said too much and don't want you thinking I am a looney case. I am a looney case but I just don't want you to think that I am. Do you? If you didn't, you might now.

Happy Reading Folks.

2 comments:

  1. I think we all have times where we can be in a funk & not know why. The good thing is that those funky moods don't stick around. I'm so excited for Julian's new job & will be praying for a smooth transition. I'm also excited about your new community group & that you guys are meeting people that live close to you. I'm happy to hear that the group is going well & that you feel a strong connection with the people in the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those funks are pretty normal and go around at their own rate. i'm glad you're coming out of it and are looking forward to the exciting things that are coming up for your family. i am so glad that Julian is no longer working where he was unhappy. i'll be sending my love and energy your way!

    ReplyDelete