Saturday, June 19, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan

OMG...I made eggplant parmesan and it was FABULOUS.


Tonight we had my parents over to celebrate my mom's birthday. We were in Florida on her actual birthday so I asked her to tell me her favorite dish so I could make it for her. Eggplant parm is what she picked. YUM.


At first I was skeptical because #1 I don't do eggplant, #2 I have no clue how to prepare it, and #3 I couldn't find a recipe for it. I eventually found a recipe and now I love it.


I started it at 3:00 and it was served at 7:30! Sheesh. I had to let the eggplant weep (suck out the bitter juices with salt) for an hour but other than that I was busy the whole time. It is covered in two types of cheese and smothered with tomatoes. It really is delicious.


I made my own marinara sauce to go on it. I even made my own bread crumbs instead of buying them from the store. Dee-Lish. I think my "make it myself" motto is making a difference in taste. It just seems to be richer in flavor and so much cheaper. Win-Win for me.


Here is a picture of the masterpiece. Everyone went back for seconds so I think it is safe to say it was a huge success.


No comments:

Post a Comment