Monday, May 24, 2010

Potty and Progress

So Tristan is officially done with diapers for good. Like FOR GOOD. He doesn't use them at all. He is in underroos all day and even at night. He is doing so incredibily well. He stays dry at night (except for a couple of nights but that's okay) and doesn't really have accidents. We have gone out and about he uses the bathroom wherever we are at. I am so impressed. I remember when I found out I was having a boy I panicked. I had no clue how to potty train a boy. I don't have that sort of equipment. But it was easy shmeesy. I hope Aiden is just as easy. If not, fine. If so, score for Mommy again.

It really only took Tristan about half a day and he was done, training accomplished. He only had two accidents and then he knew how to tell if he had to go. He was so ready for this. He kept saying he wanted big boy underroos and that he wanted to use the big potty. That was perfect. I had no question about if he was ready. He was.

Aiden starting walking the same weekend. Like truly walking. He was all over the house on just his feet. I cried with happiness and sadness. He doesn't look like a baby anymore when he is walking. He is in a big boy car seat now also. Boo-hoo yet Yay at the same time. He looks sooooooooo big now. Handsome just like his Daddy. I got my first comment the other day about Aiden looking like me. That is the FIRST time someone said he looks like me and he is 13 months old. I almost wanted to hug the lady. And kiss her too. I didn't though. I wanted to but I didn't. I don't quite see it but whatever. To that lady who said that, THANK YOU!!

Also on Sunday Aiden lasted half of the service in the nursery/weepoint. That is progress. Most times I am called back within about 15 minutes. So making it for 30 to 40 minutes is major progress. I am thankful for Emily Hazlewood. She was so nice to Aiden and patient with him. She did all she could and for that I am thankful. Sometimes people won't deal with crying for long and give up. She tried and again I am thankful. I am thankful for the Weepoint volunteers. They try with him. Time will heal his anxiety. I know it will. Until then, I will make the best of it. I do however LOVE the first Sunday of the month. The volunteers in Weepoint know Aiden well and usually know how to calm him and I can sit in the service the whole time. For that, THANK YOU Ashley, James, Tracy and Stephen. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment