Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Comforting

Life has been a whirlwind lately.

I have been through *every* emotion possible in the last two weeks. Happy, Sad, Surprised, Frustrated, Joyous, Scared, Calm, Unnerved, Sane, Tired, Excited! I can keep going and going but you get the picture.

Right now, as I sit in front of my little computer with my cup of coffee, my children are watching Jake and the Never land Pirates, cuddling with me in my chair. There isn't enough room for the three of us and I love it. That just means that we sit closer to each other to make up for lack of space. My boys give me kisses about every five minutes and tell me that they love me. They have the purest of hearts and are my true treasures.

I am blessed beyond I ever imagined. I guess I underestimated God. I didn't think He could be (or should be) this good to me. Boy was I wrong. God is bigger than we think and if we think we know how big He is, then we are very wrong. He is bigger. My boys have a Veggie Tales show that talks about how big God is and this song is running through my brain as I type...."God is bigger than the Boogie Man" Haha.

I am going through something right now that gives me an opportunity trust God COMPLETELY. A chance for me to really know He has plans for me that are bigger and better than I could understand at the moment. He is control, not me. He has His glorious, protecting hands around me and my heart. He has my family under His care. He knows what is best for my family. He is love. He is good. He is caring. He is my protector.

My heart calms down when I remember that if I trust Him 100%, I have nothing to worry about. It's nice to know that I don't need to waste my time worrying about the unknown.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment