Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Boys will be Boys

Sometimes I get a feeling that my boys are too rowdy. Sometimes it's they're too loud. Other times it may be they are too rough.

It's okay though. I remind myself I don't need to raise them according to the worlds standards. I need to raise them according to God's standards. God made everyone different. God made them rowdy. God made them loud. God made them PERFECTLY.

My job is to teach them to believe in Him, trust Him, honor Him, and how to use what God gave them in a way that glorifies Him.

It is okay to be loud (where appropriate). It is okay to rough (as long as no one is hurt). It is okay to be boys. It is okay for me to let them be boys.

The world tells me to have children who never yell, hit, bite, or get into trouble. Well, that just isn't going happen. The world can teach me that all they want. God is my teacher. God will help me with what He gave me. God will teach me to teach my sons how life should be and how we should be within the world He created. God will help me when my children yell, hit, bite, or get into trouble because those things will happen.

Life isn't about being polite and proper. Life is about glorifying God and embracing all the gifts He has given us.

I will NOT be embarrassed when my child sings at the top of his lungs in a store "Jesus Loves MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". He is spreading the Truth. I will NOT be embarrassed when my child passes gas in a movie theater during the quiet time of the show and says "excuse me" rather loudly. He is showing manners. I will NOT be embarrassed when my two sons are a bit loud sometimes when they are playing together. They are showing friendship and love for one another.

Life is too uptight.

God is good.

I'd rather live according to God's standards than to this corrupt, selfish worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment