Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Four Years

Saturday was my anniversary. Four years married to the imperfect man who is perfect for me. It has been a great four years filled with every emotion possible. I wouldn't change it for the world.


The day was wonderful...minus an hour of it. It is our tradition that every anniversary we have pictures taken. This year was CRAZY. I have learned that my boys are NOT picture takers at all. Aiden refuses to sit still or be near anyone. He won't smile. He won't stand still either. He is the most horrible "model" ever for taking pictures. I was so stressed out during the process. I can't believe the photographer got some good shots. I got one of Tristan smiling and one of Aiden just being Aiden. It isn't the greatest picture but it isn't the worst. By the time she got around to taking pictures of Julian and me I was done. My cheeks were all pink from being frustrated and I just wasn't in the mood for being all smiley. Although we did get a good family picture and Julian and I still got a good picture of us, I wasn't the most satisfied. I call a re-do!


But other than that, it was a perfect day. Julian and I woke up early to make breakfast together. We ate as a family (which isn't abnormal) and then Julian got the boys ready as well as himself so that way I could spend all my time on myself. That was super sweet. No stress at all getting ready or getting to the studio. It was the taking of the pictures that was overwhelming. Afterwards though, it was all good. We dropped the kids off at my Mom and Dad's and then we went home to enjoy the day together.


We cooked all day. Just cooked and enjoyed each other's company. HOW ROMANTIC AND AWESOME. I love to cook and Julian loves to eat so it works out great. We made this fantastic shrimp and crab dip as an appetizer. Oh man...it is DELICIOUS.


I am drooling right now. Ok, done drooling.


We then watched a show together and then prepped for dinner. We started marinating our steak the night before in wine so all we had to do was chop veggies. Our dinner was amazing. We had Red Wine & Rosemary Flank Steak with Homefries (not french fries or fries for that matter) and Roasted Veggies. HOLY MOLY it was good. I don't like to drink that much so I got some sparkling apple cider to put in a wine glass and seem fancy while Julian got Shiner.


We cleaned up together, sat together, and talked together. It was a day to be together and be with just each other. It was magical. We were going to do a ganache with fruit but we were stuffed. We picked up the boys about eight and put them down to bed as soon as we got home. We spent the rest of the night cuddling and talking and falling in love with each other even more. I could stare into his big, brown eyes forever.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you two are so in love! It's such a gift that you've found one another and truly appreciate what you've found, built, and what you have. Loves ya both (and the boys, too)!

    ReplyDelete