Monday, March 1, 2010

Time Flies

Wow...where did this year go? It is already March. My Aiden is ten months and Tristan is now two and half. Aiden is doing good and growing up so fast. He is trying real hard to mimick me and the sounds I make. He also LOVES his brother so very much. Everywhere Tristan goes, he goes. Aiden actually gets sad if Tristan is asleep when he wants to play. He will go to his door and try to knock on it. It is very cute (if Tristan stays asleep that is). Tristan is pure boy and is everywhere these days. He is learning how to hold an actual conversation with you. He tries to make his sentences complete and correct. He can count to twenty and say his alphabet and recognize all sorts of shapes (including a pentagon..haha). He loves to play games.

Last week was a rough week for my Tristan. On Monday he fell in our kitchen and busted his lip real bad. We ended up having to go to the minor emergency room (urgent care). He had x-rays taken of his jaw to make sure he didn't do anything to it. Thank goodness he didn't but on Wednesday I noticed that his teeth were crooked. They weren't before but now they sort of are. It was a good thing that I already had a dentist appointment made for him on Friday. Friday was Tristan's very first time going to the dentist. I know, he should have gone much earlier than now but I never took him. I am not sure why. Anyhoo, he did SOOOOO good. He let them clean his teeth and take x-rays (AGAIN) of his teeth (not jaw). His teeth looked fine but the dentist did say that his front two teeth are loose and that means that he will probably lose them faster than most children. We are having to watch them to make sure they don't turn color or get an infection or anything like that. The sad part is that we have to go back in about three or four weeks for another look at them and set of x-rays. THEN we have to go back again in three months and take more x-rays. After that we do normal cleaning and check ups but we have to get x-rays almost every time we go. How sad. I am upset that this happened. I cried and cried. I know that it isn't my fault and that children fall and get hurt but it made me so very sad. I don't want anything to change on my precious, perfect first born. He doesn't seem to be in pain at all and that is what really matters. As long as he is okay then I should be okay too. I am just sad that he was in pain even for a little bit.

Oh, then guess what? He fell AGAIN Friday night playing with his daddy. And yep, he bled again. I was SOOOOOOOOOO sad. My poor, poor Tristan. He was a trooper though. He only cried for a bit and then he told me "It's okay Momma. Tristan's owie get better". How cute is that? He was more worried about me than himself. We had pictures on Saturday morning, so we will always have the proof of his rough week.

It just seemed like the week would never end. Now I am constantly watching my Tristan to make sure he doesn't fall on his face again. It's tough because he is a boy and wants to be all physical. He loves to run around and play.

We are decluttering every room and organizing our things to make sure we are able to utilize every bit of space we have without it looking crowded. I am loving it. I love to organize things and clean up stuff. Julian thinks I am nuts for that but I really do. I think that Julian is quite uncomfortable during this process. He doesn't like when I get into my cleaning frenzy. Right now he is just going with it but deep down, I think he likes the end product. It is amazing what new paint, moving around furniture, and putting things away can do. It makes the house look brand new. Again, I LOVE it.

That's pretty much it for now. I am looking forward to March. We plan on going to the Livestock Show, the zoo, maybe even the museum. I am excited for some family outings this month. We even got a new part to our park at the front of our neighborhood that is calling our names. I see us visiting that park quite a bit this year now that Aiden is going to be walking and I am no longer pregnant (I always get super, SUPER hot when I am pregnant and hated being outside).

No comments:

Post a Comment