Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Left Field

I am sitting here on the couch after a long day. All in all the day was good but Aiden is driving me nuts with the seperation anxiety. I never had that with Tristan. He only made a stink one time when we left him in the infant room at church. I wrote it down in his baby book because he never did that and I found it cute that day. But now, my goodness Aiden cries when I leave the room or I go out of his sight. It drives me bonkers. I was so stressed today trying to clean the house and get dinner cooked while keeping him occupied. Even Tristan got tired of hearing him cry. LOL. Sunday we were the shepherds for the walkers and Aiden cried in the infant room and I ended up having to get him and hold him the whole time. Good thing we had wonderful, well behaved kiddos in the walker room (yay Jayce and Hadley).

Julian and I wanted three babies. We dreamed of having at least three children maybe four. After today and the last couple of weeks I am thinking that two is just fine. I don't think that I am willing or able to do another baby like Aiden. I don't know how parents do it. Tristan was my exception to every rule in the book. He didn't cry a lot, he went to bed SOOOOOOOOOO easy, he ate wonderful, he was perfectly well behaved and just one of a kind. Aiden is textbook child to the T. He is everything the book says. He is my problem sleeping baby, crying baby, etc etc. I just don't know about having another one. If I knew they would be "easy" like Tristan was then I would have five more but that is just crazy to think about. And kuddos to all those parents out there with colicky babies. Holy moly I couldn't imagine.

Aiden goes to the doctor on Friday which is good because he has a cough. The kind from the chest that needs to be looked at. I hope he isn't sick like me (Bronchitis) but if he is, that explains a lot. That might/could be the reason for his excessive crankiness. I will find out soon. Tonight Aiden went down without a fuss but that is probably because he cried the whole time I was getting him ready for bed. He had boogies and I had to suck them out with the boogie suckie thing and he really did NOT like that. But he could breathe better afterwards. He also might be teething. Now that I think about it, Aiden has a lot going on right now and I should be more understanding to that. I just gave myself a lesson about being more patient by writing all this down. LOL. Shame on me for getting frustrated with him when he has reason to be cranky.

Tomorrow is new day with new possibilities and renewed patience and understanding. I love my boys and I will show them that.

No comments:

Post a Comment