Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bowling

Today was just a fun day. That is the word to describe today all around...fun. Julian and I took Tristan bowling today for the first time. It was his birthday celebration. Grandma Dodi and G-Pa came also. Those are my parents although Grandma (Julian's mom in Alburquerque) would have been there for sure had she been here. He had a blast. He even got a strike. Tristan didn't last all that long though because he got super tired and just wanted to be in a comfy spot and relax. It was very cute to see him be that way because normally he is everywhere and excited to play but not today. He was happy at first and then was tired. I must say, Tristan being tired and not getting his sleep usually equals a bad time but he did super good. He was a trooper and let his mommy and daddy and grandparents bowl. Aiden was there too. He just sat in the stroller and chilled. Sleep came and took hold of him also. Maybe the sleep fairy came for the kids!!

After bowling we went for pizza and Tristan got to ride in those mechanical cars, you know what I'm talking about? He thought that was the coolest thing ever. His smile was just gorgeous while riding in that big red truck that was moving. LOL. Precious times hundred. I shouldn't have had pizza but we were celebrating Tristan's birthday and there was no way I was missing out the good stuff because of some diet. That pizza was good too. I had way to much and even had dessert. Yum-ee.

So after bowling and eating pizza we had to come home to let the boys nap. Julian and I watched our DVR of Big Brother and then cleaned up some. We went through Aiden's dresser and closet to "retire" some items that are no longer fitting our snugglebug. I still can't believe how big Aiden is getting at such a fast rate. Time went by much faster than I thought it would. We actually had to "retire" lots of clothes. I was surprised at how much and was sad that Aiden didn't even get to wear some of the clothes hanging in the closet because Mommy forgot about them. Note to self...go through closet about once a month and rotate clothes so I don't forget about the ones in the back. Anywho, after cleaning out the dresser and closet we had movie night. Tonights matinee was Pete's Dragon. Remember that movie from way back when? Tristan got kind of bored with it though because there was lots of singing and slow parts. He played with his trucks during those moments.

So all in all....great fun day. We needed a day like today after having a tough week filled with uneccessary drama. That's truly a whole other story that I won't be diving into.

That is it for today and maybe this time I will keep up with this blogging thing. We'll see.

I need to figure out how to post pics on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment