Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Woman/Women

As women we are bombarded with so many different emotions in such a little amount of time. We, literally, can go from sad to happy to mad to joyous to depressed to over the moon in less than 10 seconds. It's CRAZY!!

Here is what I've noticed: I can identify all my different emotions. I can even go further and figure out WHY I feel that way. Admission: not all the time though. BUUUUUT I am getting better at it.

Raw Truth Moment. Last night my Honey and I were watching television and out of nowhere I got into a mood. Not a nice mood either. It just came to me. I moved to the other couch and was quiet. The show we were watching normally gets feedback from both of us. Well I decided to not give feedback because I was being moody. Honey noticed and tried to comfort me. Information Insert: normally I would say nothing is wrong and then still act like a baby. I would be rude. I would expect for Honey to read my mind as well as emotions and fix them without any of my help. Is that fair? NO. Is it possible? NO. Last night I told him that my mood was unjustifiable and unfair and pointless as soon as he came to my couch to comfort me. Progress People. Progress. I told him exactly what I was feeling and then dug a bit deeper and realized why my mood was ugly. I told him why and we quickly were back to normal.

Easy Peesy. I'm impressed with myself.

I no longer fight the emotions and dwell on why I'm having them or preventing them all the time. I embrace them and deal with them and pray for change if it's needed. I work WITH my Honey and we are a better couple as a result. He prays for me and I pray for him and together we rely on God to get us through this crazy thing called life. And you know what? I am having moods less often. Weird but wonderful.

As a woman, I am well aware of my craziness. I tell Honey I am on the crazy train (Choo Choo) and sometimes it's a long ride and other times it's just a short one. Sometimes it's full speed ahead and sometimes it isn't. You know what he does? He patiently waits for me to get off the train. He makes my departure nice and sweet and always has open arms waiting for me. I sure am one blessed woman to have him. I am also one crazy woman for him to love.

I got the better deal on that one. WINK WINK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment